Andover Swimming & Water Polo Club has been awarded Swim 21 Accreditation!
Thanks and well done to all those involved!
What is Swim 21?
Swim 21 Accreditation is a 'Quality mark'. It recognises nationally and regionally the clubs that are committed to providing safe, effective and quality services for the benefit of their members.
What are the benefits of being at a Swim 21 club?
- The club is implementing the ASA Child Protection Policy and their coaches/teachers and volunteers have been CRB checked in line with national guidance;
- The club’s coaches/teachers and volunteers are appropriately qualified and access continuous professional development to ensure they are up to date with current teaching and coaching principles/methods;
- The club is accessing sufficient pool time to ensure swimmers are able to develop in line with the Long Term Athlete Development model;
- The club is pro-active in developing a swimmer pathway to ensure swimmers can continue to progress and develop;
- The club will have more opportunities to access additional funding through the ASA, Sport England and other agencies.
Who can apply for Swim 21?
Swim 21 Accreditation is available to ASA clubs of any aquatic discipline – diving, swimming, synchro or water polo. Each club is encouraged to sign up to Swim 21 and are positioned at one or more of the 4 areas:
- Skill Development
- Competitive Development
Andover has been awarded the teaching level for swimming, there are also plans for water polo to become accredited at teaching level and for the club as a whole to get to the skill development level.